De Montfort University is committed to supporting international students to benefit from study in the United Kingdom. For courses starting in September 2008, De Montfort University’s Vice-Chancellor is pleased to offer scholarships to 2,000 pounds each.
The scholarships are for 2000 pounds equivalent to a reduction of approximately 20% of the total fees, and will be paid for the entire cost of tuition for foreign students, the status of any country in the World who wish to study at one of the following types of courses at the De Montfort University, Leicester:
- Full-time undergraduate (BA / BSc) in any of the object
- Full-time post-Diplomas and Masters courses (PGDip / MA / MSc / MBA / LLM) in any discipline
- Full-time MPhil / PhD research degrees in any subject
Scholarships are available for courses beginning in September 2008 only (ie between September 2008 and June 2009 for MPhil / PhD research degrees).
The award of £ 2000 will be a one-off payment and will be deducted from the full cost of tuition at the beginning of the first (or only) grade.
Students move through DMU of one of our systems or progression established collaborative partnerships can also apply for these grants, if they wish.
Only the status of foreign students are eligible.
We will award up to 16 x £ 2000 scholarships for courses above from September 2008. There will be a limited number of scholarships offered by the faculty:
- Faculty of Art and Design: up to 3 scholarships
- Faculty of Business and Law: up to 3 scholarships
- Faculty of and Engineering: up to 5 scholarships
- Faculty of Health and Life Sciences: up to 2 scholarships
- Faculty of Humanities: up to 3 scholarships
Keep in mind that some of our courses are not included in this scholarship. To confirm whether your choice is, of course, included in the scheme, please contact reception at the Faculty of those teams that you are applying directly.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of the submission of a 500 word essay, which will be written by the applicant and evaluated DMU group representatives (each faculty will have his own team).
How to Apply
- Choose a course to which you want to apply to take part. If you would like further information or advice, please contact the Center for Inquiry T: +44 (0) 116 257 7513, e-mail or visit email@example.com dmu.ac.uk / International to watch in our online prospectuses.
- Complete and submit an application for a course you would like to study. Detailed information on how to apply can be found on the Internet at dmu.ac.uk / international, and in our international prospects. If the application is successful, you will receive the offer letter. You may already have taken place in the course proposal, starting with the 2008/09.
- Once you invite a letter (or CONDITIONAL UNCONDITIONAL), and you want to apply for one of the VC International Fellowship 2008/09, you must write an essay of 500 words.
Please write 500 words (in English) on the following issues:
How do your studies at the University of De Montfort improve your future?
After the application deadline, all essays will be evaluated by a group of DMU representatives (one of the panels on the faculty), as well as scholarships will be awarded to applicants that demonstrate, in the view of the group, the following:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Clear understanding of the course you want to learn
- A good understanding of what you hope to gain from the UK Higher Education
- A good understanding of employment, you will enter after graduation and skills, you may need
- How does this scholarship will help you in the classroom, and in the future
- ambitions for the future, motivation and enthusiasm for his subject and learning
- Strong academic skills, as evidenced by your pre-qualification and / or academic links, as part of your application.
After its completion, please write your essay, as word document attachment to Maria Kyrris, International Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to provide your name, date of birth, e-mail address and your application number with your essay.
Deadline for Applications
If you want to apply for an international scholarship, you should have received your letter and proposal submitted essays on August 1, 2008. No essays received after this date will be accepted under any circumstances.
You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your essay submission, when we receive it. Make sure you keep as proof of acceptance of your application, if required.
After a period of August 1, 2008 a team from the DMU (one panel at the Department) will evaluate all sit essay submissions. All successful applicants who have received scholarships will be notified by e-mail and letter (regular mail) on September 1, 2008. In 2000 pounds scholarships will be deducted from the total tuition fee of successful applicants, when you arrive for at DMU. Details of successful recipients will be available from Maria Kyrris at email@example.com after September 10, 2008, if required.
- Overseas-only status of the students can apply for scholarships.
- Both self-funded and sponsored students have the right to apply for participation.
- No cash alternatives will be offered scholarships and can not be transferred to any other time, the DMU, or other designated recipient.
- Only in September 2008, entry (or between September 2008 and June 2009, for research applicants) – scholarships, could not be deferred to a statement in September 2009 or later.
- For foreign students, who are also entitled to a 5% discount for early payment of their assessed contributions in full to students, in 2000 to £ Scholarship will be deducted from the first full fee, a 5% discount from the fee reduction.
- These scholarships will not be awarded in conjunction with any other awards, such as scholarships for graduates of 2008 – students can only receive a stipend DMU, usually a greater cost.
- If an applicant is available scholarships, and then withdraw their application, or not enrolled in a course, for any reason, loss of scholarships.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw fellowship, or not to provide scholarships, at any time before they are distributed.
For more information on scholarships and / or our courses, visit dmu.ac.uk / international, call +44 (0) 116 257 7513 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.